Headquartered in Somerset, NJ, SHI International Corp. has transformed itself from a $1 million “software-only” regional reseller into a $7.5 billion+ global provider of technology products and services. Privately-held and under the guidance of its current ownership since 1989, SHI has experienced tremendous growth in size and scope. Its organic growth and over two decades of stability are a direct result of backing a highly-skilled, tenured sales force with software volume licensing experts, hardware procurement specialists and certified IT services professionals.
SHI offers custom IT solutions for every aspect of your environment from software and hardware procurement to deployment planning, configuration, data center optimization, mobility and IT asset management.
SHI supports their clients from over 30 offices throughout the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Germany, France and Hong Kong. SHI’s goal is to foster long-term, mutually-beneficial relationships with its customers and partners, every day.
Full-time Cloud Engineer who will be responsible for the development, infrastructure, and architecture of cloud technologies such as Azure and AWS including other related solutions. Typical responsibilities for this engineer will include migrating servers/data to the cloud, standing up server infrastructure in the cloud, implementing multifactor authentication solutions, SQL server configurations in the cloud, and migrating and/or building applications on the Azure platform.
A successful candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate proficiency with the design, implementation and support of cloud solutions and exhibit strong project management and communication skills.
• Design and implement in the cloud platform and related technologies including but not limited to, Backup and Recovery, Archiving, Server infrastructure, Windows Server, SQL Server, Multifactor Authentication, Directory Synchronization, Azure AD, and Application Migrations.
• Serve as the technical lead and subject matter expert on projects and workshops, overseeing the work of others and being accountable for the outcome of the project
• Assist sales team in identifying and closing opportunities through customer meetings and presentations
• Passion for technology with 2 - 10 years of technical experience with increasing responsibility
• Experience with development, infrastructure, and architecture of cloud platforms and Active Directory required
• Cloud Certifications (Azure and/or AWS Certifications)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or a related field
• Available for travel to client sites upon reasonable request
• Experience working in a consulting environment
• Experience working with Hybrid Environments
• Experience migrating servers to cloud environments
• Experience with server virtualization, storage, and networking