Innovative Solutions. World Class Support.
Headquartered in Somerset, NJ, SHI International Corp. has transformed itself from a $1 million “software-only” regional reseller into a $8.5 billion+ global provider of technology products and services. Privately-held and under the guidance of its current ownership since 1989, SHI has experienced tremendous growth in size and scope. Its organic growth and over two decades of stability are a direct result of backing a highly-skilled, tenured sales force with software volume licensing experts, hardware procurement specialists and certified IT services professionals.
SHI offers custom IT solutions for every aspect of your environment from software and hardware procurement to deployment planning, configuration, data center optimization, mobility and IT asset management.
SHI supports their clients from over 30 offices throughout the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Germany, France and Hong Kong. SHI’s goal is to foster long-term, mutually-beneficial relationships with its customers and partners, every day.
What SHI Can Offer:
Constantly growing in response to the needs of our customers in all sectors and verticals, SHI has transformed itself from a $1 million "software-only" regional reseller into a $8.5 billion global provider of information technology products and services. From software and hardware procurement to deployment planning, configuration, data center optimization, IT asset management and cloud computing, SHI offers custom IT solutions for every aspect of your environment.
SHI has an exciting job opportunity available in our Corp Advanced Solutions department as an Inside Solutions Engineer.
• Responsible for the Data Center sales quota in supported territory
• Pipeline management and ownership for Data Center opportunities
• Account retention and penetrating multiple lines of Data Center business in existing accounts
• Develop and execute strategy for top prospects
• Consultative approach to cloud, virtualization, storage, networking, and servers technology, and understands how that technology enables business
• The Solutions Engineer will interface with multiple layers of contacts within an organization, including but not limited to CIO, IT Directors, CTO, Application Managers, etc.
• Responsible for driving the sales process of the solution, including identifying the opportunity, qualifying, forecasting, decision making criteria, and closing
• Builds the region/territory based on strategic account planning done in collaboration with the account executive and extended team
• Demonstrates leadership to ensure that the SHI’s recommended enterprise solutions are comprehensive, achieve customer expectations and meet customer business needs and planning.
• Builds deep relationships and trust with customers and owns the technical side of customer relationships.
• Focused on delivering a world class customer experience according to SHI standards.
• Must develop relationships with Local Technology Community (MFG’s and SI Partners), and the appropriate customer technical personnel to establish market credibility and ensure the sales team understands the customer's on-going enterprise needs.
• Educate and develop sales teams on Data Center selling
• Previous IT management/executive experience recommended
• Strong sales skills and talents
• Highly organized individual
• Passion for technology
• Disaster recovery solutions: backup/recovery, mirroring, active/standby, active/active
• High availability architectures and clustering solutions
• Converged Infrastructure: Nutanix, Cisco UCS or Simplivity
• Virtualization: Hypervisors, server and desktop virtualization
• Storage: EMC, NetApp technologies
• Public and Private Cloud Solutions
• Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
• Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team.
• Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills.
• Ability to train and disseminate information within an Area or Operation.
• Ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and the ability to solve the problem or solicit the required resources.