Innovative Solutions. World Class Support.
Headquartered in Somerset, NJ, SHI International Corp. has transformed itself from a $1 million “software-only” regional reseller into a $8.5 billion+ global provider of technology products and services. Privately-held and under the guidance of its current ownership since 1989, SHI has experienced tremendous growth in size and scope. Its organic growth and over two decades of stability are a direct result of backing a highly-skilled, tenured sales force with software volume licensing experts, hardware procurement specialists and certified IT services professionals.
SHI offers custom IT solutions for every aspect of your environment from software and hardware procurement to deployment planning, configuration, data center optimization, mobility and IT asset management.
SHI supports their clients from over 30 offices throughout the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Germany, France and Hong Kong. SHI’s goal is to foster long-term, mutually-beneficial relationships with its customers and partners, every day.
What SHI Can Offer:
The Tier 1 Helpdesk Analyst will support SHI customer's employees to provide desktop support as a service.
• Provide exceptional customer service and technical expertise on inbound calls and tickets generated by our customers.
• Troubleshoot issues relating to:
• Windows domains and workgroups
• Windows networking (mapped network drives, shared folders, printers, etc.)
• Active Directory
• User profile creation and modification
• Group Policy Objects
• LAN/WAN connectivity
• Firewall Configuration (VPN, port forwarding, etc.)
• Onsite Exchange and hosted Exchange environments (Office 365, Google Apps)
• Hardware diagnostics (servers/workstations/laptops)
• Microsoft Office Suite (2007-2016)
• Windows 7/10
• Android/iPhone/Blackberry/Windows Phone OS’
• Third party applications with the assistance of the vendors support staff.
• Perform support remotely to our managed services customer using our remote monitoring and management tools.
• Log time entries and notes for support and maintenance performed using our PSA.
• Provide customers with timely written and oral updates regarding their support cases.
• Update and maintain customer information in our documentation system as changes in their environment occur.
• Create or update documented policies and procedures for the use of technical staff when new issues occur that may impact multiple users.
• Candidates must have an understanding of troubleshooting the client and server operating systems outlined in the Main Job Tasks & Responsibilities section below.
• Candidates must be team players with excellent communication skills and possess the ability to manage assignments independently. The ideal candidate will have a nurturing personality and the desire to help in the mentoring of their fellow technicians and engineers.
• Candidates must have the ability to also work collaboratively when necessary.
• Candidates must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and high energy environment.
• Candidates must possess strong decision making and problem solving abilities.
• Candidates must possess exceptional organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
• Candidates must be reliable and punctual.
Equal Employment Opportunity – M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status