Innovative Solutions. World Class Support.
SHI UK, Milton Keynes, has been established for 20 years and under the guidance of the UK management has grown from a small satellite office to now our EMEA Headquarters. With our organic growth and stability within the UK market we are able to provide a variety of technology products, solutions and services to businesses across the UK and Europe including Cloud Computing, Data Centre Infrastructure, Networking and Security solutions, Configuration and Integration services, Enterprise Mobility and IT Asset Management.
The Milton Keynes office is home to a range of departments and specialisms where you can progress and develop your career within the IT Industry while working in a diverse and fun environment.
This role is based within the UK Advanced Solutions Group team supporting a combination of IT Transformational solutions including but not limited to, Converged, Hyper Converged, Cloud and on-premise infrastructure. The Pre-Sales Solution Architect works with the SHI sales teams in determining the most appropriate IT solutions for the customer’s requirements and business needs. As more customers are relying on SHI to architect and deliver these solutions, our Advanced Solutions Group (UK) needs new skills to continue to meet the demands and needs of our customers and the wider business.
A Presales Solutions Architect will typically assist with designing the end-to-end service and technical scope and structure of an SHI led sales opportunity. The Presales Solutions Architect brings a wide spectrum of service and technical infrastructure knowledge and should not be specialized in a single solution tower but have a breadth and depth of industry knowledge and experience across the IT landscape.
• Architecting compelling and competitive infrastructure solutions which demonstrate significant and quantifiable value to the client
• Leveraging SHI assets and third party relationships in architecting solutions
• Bringing operational experience to bear to ensure solution is deliverable at acceptable risk to SHI
• Developing and negotiating contract content to ensure the infrastructure solution is contracted to deliver client and SHI value
• Performing the role of Infrastructure Transition Lead, where required, to ensure partner solutions are transitioned successfully into delivery
• Interface with multiple layers of contacts within a client organization, including but not limited to CIO, IT Directors, CTO etc
• Account retention and penetrating multiple lines of Data Center business in existing accounts
• Assist SHI sales reps with customer facing conference calls & presentations
• Lead Data Center Solution positioning and qualification conversations with customers
• Drive the sales process of the solution, including identifying the opportunity, qualifying, forecasting, decision making criteria, and closing
• Builds the region/territory based on strategic account planning done in collaboration with the account executive and extended team
• Builds deep relationships and trust with customers and owns the technical side of customer relationships
• Demonstrates leadership to ensure that the SHI’s recommended solutions are comprehensive, achieve customer expectations and meet customer business needs and technology roadmap
• Support tender process by assisting with responses
• Produce technical documentation as required. Including but not limited to; RFQ/RFI/RFP and HLD documentation
• Align SHI’s Professional Services portfolio with the solutions being developed
• Establish relationships with preferred Delivery partners, vet their performance acceptability, and build integration within the region
• Highly organized with strong communication, presentation and consultative experience and skills across a diverse set of technology solutions
• Exposure and knowledge across multiple solution towers including Data center (Compute, Storage, Networking, Hybrid Cloud, XaaS); End User; Mobility and Security
• Ability to present to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to drive out and articulate client needs to build a requirements document based on discovery information obtained and map to an appropriate solution
• Able to support the sales organization throughout the entire sales life cycle
• Able to support and lead opportunities both internally and with external service partners
• Ability to travel as needed according to sales requirements
• Self-starter able to work with minimal oversight and direction
• Provide technical governance and oversight that underpin pre-sales solution activities
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Visio, Word and Project
• Knowledge of a range of architecture methodologies including EA frameworks such as MODAF, DODAF, Zachman or TOGAF
• Stay current with new technologies and innovations and proactively recommend adoption of new technologies.
• Attend training as required and acquire and maintain technical certifications as required by the business
• Provide enablement training as needed to the sales reps
• Provide technical mentoring and development to other team members within the Advanced Solutions Group
• Identify and promote SHI Professional Services and the wider Advanced Solutions Group
• Bring daily enthusiasm to find solutions, even when information given is vague and not specific
• Degree level education is a preferred but not essential
• Minimum 5 years of professional experience in Consultancy or Solution Integration experience
• Experience in related solution development, architecture and design
• Experience in architecting and transitioning E2E infrastructure solutions
• Experience in leading solution workshops and scoping sessions
• Strong project management skills and associated experience in Information Technology Outsourcing. Includes experience with industry standard project management methods and tools.
• Excellent client /customer relationship management skills at the executive level
• Extensive client/customer service management skills
• Good people management skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
Certifications and industry related experience in any two of the technologies listed below:
o HPe: SimpliVity, Nimble, Aruba
o Backup Technologies; Veeam, NetApp, Avamar, Veritas Backup Exec
o Converged and Hyper Converged (Dell EMC, HPE, PureStorage)