Innovative Solutions. World Class Support.
SHI UK, Milton Keynes, has been established for 20 years and under the guidance of the UK management has grown from a small satellite office to now our EMEA Headquarters. With our organic growth and stability within the UK market we are able to provide a variety of technology products, solutions and services to businesses across the UK and Europe including Cloud Computing, Data Centre Infrastructure, Networking and Security solutions, Configuration and Integration services, Enterprise Mobility and IT Asset Management.
The Milton Keynes office is home to a range of departments and specialisms where you can progress and develop your career within the IT Industry while working in a diverse and fun environment.
The ITAM Associate License Consultant’s role is to contribute to a team of Software Asset Management Specialists working to assist SHI customers in understanding their Software Environment. The Associate will utilize SHI’s best practice procedures, tools and people to assist our customers in controlling their software costs as well as the associated legal and financial risks.
· Regularly collect entitlement and contract data (Entitlement Data)
· Load/Import/Enter Entitlement Data into our SAM Tool
· Perform quality checks against entered data to ensure it accurately reflects owned software licenses
· Assist ITAM License Consultant(s) with the process of defining the entitlement and inventory scope of customer SAM data to assure entitlement and inventory information are properly aligned and consistent.
· Assist ITAM License Consultant(s) with the preparation and presentation of deliverables to the customer.
· Understand Product Use Rights, license allowances, and contractual entitlements for software products and manufacturers (with a specialty in one or more manufacturers)
· Analyze purchase records and other entitlement information (including contracts, EULAs, EAs, etc.)
· Collecting and managing SAM-related information from SHI, customers, and software manufacturers
· Map software purchase information (Manufacture Part Number/SKUs) to SHI Master Titles
· Interact with SHI Licensing Executives and software manufacturers to understand licensing issues and address product mappings
· Ensure all SAM projects are conducted professionally, ethically, and in a manner consistent with SHI standard
The successful candidate will be expected to understand the software life-cycle – from licensing to purchasing to deployment to decommissioning.
Proficiency with software licensing for one or more major publishers. Major publishers include but are not limited to:
· Strong entrepreneurial spirit; a desire and willingness to “do whatever it takes” to get the job done
· Familiarity and experience with software licensing and License Use Rights (entitlements)
· Good research skills
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Good communication skills for interacting with license specialists, sales personnel, and customers
· Excellent organization and time management skills
· Ability to stay self-motivated and self-directed
· Willingness to adapt to changing business and technical priorities
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-performance team environment
· Proficiency using Excel
Experience with software installation and software inventory systems (like Microsoft’s SCCM)
Experience with using SQL queries and/or access databases
Experience collecting and organizing contracts and/or entitlements in high volumes
Familiarity and practical experience with license and hardware asset concepts
Proven ability to research and gather software product information
Candidates must pass the following exams within 3 months of hire.
Software Asset Management (SAM) - Core (Exam 70-713); Designing and Providing Microsoft Volume Licensing Solutions to Large Organizations (Exam 74-678)