Innovative Solutions. World Class Support.
Headquartered in Somerset, NJ, SHI International Corp. has transformed itself from a $1 million “software-only” regional reseller into a $8.5 billion+ global provider of technology products and services. Privately-held and under the guidance of its current ownership since 1989, SHI has experienced tremendous growth in size and scope. Its organic growth and over two decades of stability are a direct result of backing a highly-skilled, tenured sales force with software volume licensing experts, hardware procurement specialists and certified IT services professionals.
SHI offers custom IT solutions for every aspect of your environment from software and hardware procurement to deployment planning, configuration, data center optimization, mobility and IT asset management.
SHI supports their clients from over 30 offices throughout the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Germany, France and Hong Kong. SHI’s goal is to foster long-term, mutually-beneficial relationships with its customers and partners, every day.
What SHI Can Offer:
Entry level Purchasing Representative position with a dynamic and growing Purchasing Department that procures over $8.5 Billion of computer related hardware, software, licensing and services from a network of over 50,000 vendors, both domestically and internationally.
*Please note there are serveral available shifts for this role including 8AM to 5PM, 9AM to 6PM and 11AM to 8PM
• Process Purchase Orders (POs) with a large number of vendors using a variety of ordering methods, such as electronic ordering (EDI/XML)
• Expedite and follow up on POs to ensure accurate and timely delivery
• Maintain vendor relationships
• Research past orders
• Communicate and interact with various internal departments
• Support a sales staff of over 1000
• Make sourcing decisions
Qualified candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA, ALL MAJORS considered.
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Familiarity with computer products and programs are desirable for this position
• Able to learn a large number of new concepts
• Hardworking team player
• Office experience
• Good customer service skills
• Very organized
• Able to think creatively and find solutions to issues
• Very Accurate
• Shows initiative
• Can lead when the opportunity presents itself
• Dependable and Mature
Equal Employment Opportunity – M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status