Innovative Solutions. World Class Support.
Headquartered in Somerset, NJ, SHI International Corp. has transformed itself from a $1 million “software-only” regional reseller into a $8.5 billion+ global provider of technology products and services. Privately-held and under the guidance of its current ownership since 1989, SHI has experienced tremendous growth in size and scope. Its organic growth and over two decades of stability are a direct result of backing a highly-skilled, tenured sales force with software volume licensing experts, hardware procurement specialists and certified IT services professionals.
SHI offers custom IT solutions for every aspect of your environment from software and hardware procurement to deployment planning, configuration, data center optimization, mobility and IT asset management.
SHI supports their clients from over 30 offices throughout the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Germany, France and Hong Kong. SHI’s goal is to foster long-term, mutually-beneficial relationships with its customers and partners, every day.
What SHI Can Offer:
The Presales Solutions Architect – Security is client facing, pre-sales engineer that works within designated accounts, regions or targeted territories and provides value by acting as security technical advocate for SHI clients with the goal of providing effective solutions (product, service capability) in support if client goals. A solution architect is responsible for understanding clients’ business requirements as they pertain to Security Program solutions, qualifying opportunities and creating designs that match the requirements with appropriate hardware, software and professional services. This role leverages and may modify the required presales collateral to represent the solution including, but not limited to, One page summary documents, High Level Designs, Quotes (with pricing), Level of Efforts, Client Proposals and SOWs (Statement of Work). This role entails the following responsibilities; , cross team collaboration with other practice experts as required to address client need, presenting the proposed solution to the client, ensuring the sale is made and overseeing the delivery of these solutions all while maximizing profit. The solution architect role builds and maintains a healthy relationship with key business partners, clients and client facing teams in the assigned districts and regions they support. This individual must be able to represent a large security solutions portfolio and translate that to opportunities within corresponding accounts.
Include but not limited to:
• This individual may be responsible for overall security team performance within targeted accounts, territories and regions.
• Client Facing Technical – Work with sales account team, interfacing directly with clients. Build trusted advisor relationships, understand clients business challenges, design and propose solutions
• Develop High Level Designs and Architectures – Create and document architectures that address client business problems which can be used to ensure a smooth transition from presales to delivery
• Planning – Work with management and sales teams to develop account prioritization and support strategies that will ensure a long term trusted relationship status and growth of security business based on targeted goals
• Partner Relationship Management – Develop and maintain relationships with key partners in the geography as directed by management
• Billable Consulting – Provide services as part of client projects that are billable. Usually in a project oversight mode
• Understands and can articulate primary security practice messaging with confidence
• Training – Develop and execute a professional plan that will maintain / enhance skills on a continuous basis that support security practice direction
• Maintain key certifications and support business level certifications as required and directed and in support of practice direction
• Intellectual Property Development – Contribute to the development of intellectual property and industry recognition (white papers, speaking engagements etc.)
• Administrative Overhead / Priority Management – Respond to email, phone calls, complete time cards, expense reports and status reports as required on a timely basis
• Travel – Travel to/from clients, corporate events and training as directed by management
• Develop, document and present solutions, recommendations and action items to customer manage
• 5-15+ years’ experience working in security partner and /or client side environments designing and/or delivering security projects as a part of a team environment.
• 5-15+ years’ experience in networking technologies, firewalls, routing and switching.
• Ability to work and contribute with and within multidisciplinary teams with goals and objectives developed and presented
• Experience in conducting and/or managing controls gap analysis and ability to develop, document and present security solutions, controls and recommendation to all levels of an organization’s leadership
• Understanding and/or experience in developing and deploying cloud solutions and services