Innovative Solutions. World Class Support.
Constantly growing in response to the needs of our customers in all sectors and verticals, SHI has transformed itself from a $1 million "software-only" regional reseller into a $10 billion global provider of information technology products and services.
From software and hardware procurement to deployment planning, configuration, data center optimization, IT asset management and cloud computing, SHI offers custom IT solutions for every aspect of your environment.
Privately-held and under the guidance of our current ownership since 1989, SHI has experienced tremendous growth in size and scope through neither merger nor acquisition. Our organic growth and two decades of stability are a direct result of backing a highly-skilled and tenured sales force with software volume licensing experts, hardware procurement specialists and certified IT services professionals.
Headquartered in Somerset, NJ, SHI supports their clients from over 30 offices throughout the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Germany, France and Hong Kong. SHI’s goal is to foster long-term, mutually-beneficial relationships with its customers and partners, every day.
What SHI Can Offer:
SHI International has an exciting opportunity in our Cloud and Innovative Solutions Team supporting and growing our AWS business. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security to our customers. Duties include but are not limited to, providing pre-sales technical assistance and/or post-sales trouble shooting for AWS. This position will work in conjunction with the CIS Sales and Customer Support Teams.
• Translate customer business needs into technology specifications by providing pre/post-sales support to our Enterprise Sales Teams and Customers.
• Conduct discovery calls with customers to address customer technical needs
• Team with CIS Solution Architects to support and develop advanced solutions or resolve customer escalations.
• Provide technical escalation support for our Cloud Service Desk and follow up on documented procedures in our Case Management System.
• Investigate user problems and identifies root cause; determines possible solutions, tests and implements solution, and confirms issue has been resolved.
• Maintain an advanced business and technical understanding of AWS Services and offerings.
• Stay current with new AWS technologies and/or offerings
• Attend training and acquire manufacturer certifications as determined by management.
• Provide AWS Solution training as needed to the Sales and Support Teams
• Provide technical mentoring and development to other Support Team members
• Identify and promote SHI Professional and/or Managed Services when speaking with customers
• Work with Cloud Support Team to document and/or review Knowledgebase Articles
• Work as L2 “On-Call” Escalation Support for evening/weekend shifts
• Proven experience designing, configuring and/or supporting Server infrastructure and/or AWS in large, complex environments
o Basic scripting and development skills & PowerShell
o Configuration and management of Windows Server environments or AWS environments
o Proven ability to provide L2 Advanced Support for EC2, RDS, S3, CloudFront, CloudWatch, VPC, SNS, Lambda, Elasticache, Dynamo DB, and other AWS Services.
• Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong interpersonal skills are required for effective communication with internal team members, customers and partners
• A proactive "can-do" attitude with strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Creative and self-motivated mindset to further technical capabilities
• Ability to travel as needed
• BS degree or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years direct technical pre or post-sales experience designing or supporting AWS environments
Equal Employment Opportunity – M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status
• Certifications Required(one or more)
o AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
o AWS Certified Associate Solutions Architect
o AWS Certified Solutions Architect
o AWS Certified Associate Developer
o AWS Certified Associate SysOps Administrator
o AWS Certified DevOps Engineer