Innovative Solutions. World Class Support.
Headquartered in Somerset, NJ, SHI International Corp. has transformed itself from a $1 million “software-only” regional reseller into a $8.5 billion+ global provider of technology products and services. Privately-held and under the guidance of its current ownership since 1989, SHI has experienced tremendous growth in size and scope. Its organic growth and over two decades of stability are a direct result of backing a highly-skilled, tenured sales force with software volume licensing experts, hardware procurement specialists and certified IT services professionals.
SHI offers custom IT solutions for every aspect of your environment from software and hardware procurement to deployment planning, configuration, data center optimization, mobility and IT asset management.
SHI supports their clients from over 30 offices throughout the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Germany, France and Hong Kong. SHI’s goal is to foster long-term, mutually-beneficial relationships with its customers and partners, every day.
What SHI Can Offer:
SHI has an exciting opportunity to join SHI’s Enterprise Solutions Group (ESG) as a Sr. Consultant - Messaging and Collaboration. This position will be focused on proactively supporting SHI customers looking for End User Computing solutions.
Include but not limited to:
• Delivery of Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365, Skype for Business and MS Team
• Participates in pre-sales, proposals, works with consultants and internal teams to create content and/or solution. Ensures quality estimates, leveraging past data, experience, other forms of estimation, other teams, etc.
• Contributes to organizational knowledge, process, reusable artifacts
• Installs, configures, and troubleshoots customer environments, to ensure seamless connectivity with AD, Exchange, and Office 365 Services such as Exchange Online, Skype for Business Online, MS Teams and SharePoint Online.
• Works with AD, Exchange, and Office 365 administrators collaboratively to ensure that services, settings, and configuration, function correctly with the IT networks and clients of various subsidiaries
• Participates in activities to advise customers of their pre-requisite system requirements before solutions can be installed and/or configured
• Collaborates with customer IT departments to integrate support processes for Microsoft Services into existing Corporate IT support processes
• Manages support cases with Microsoft for incident and problem resolution related to Microsoft services configuration and troubleshooting of customer deployment issues
• Will be customer facing and have interaction and communication with customers
• Travel based on business needs
• Act as an expert in their position, and serves as mentor to team members with similar roles
• Provides guidance and training to other employees
• Serves a point of escalation within the team
• Requires a comprehensive understanding of Microsoft technologies in order to fulfill business requirements with customers.
• Minimum 5 years industry experience
• 5+ years’ experience in Microsoft platforms preferred
• Proven experience with multiple core products: Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365, Skype for Business, MS Teams, SCCM, SharePoint, Teams and Azure
• Excellent organization, communication, verbal & written skills
• Must be results driven with a strong sense of urgency
• Ability to travel as needed
• Self-study and independent work to increase job related knowledge and skills
• Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to adapt and learn new technologies as required
• Ability to take a creative approach to situations and problem solving
• 4 year completed bachelor’s degree
• Excellent influencing and facilitation skills - With customers and project teams
• Ability to work effectively under pressure in a resilient and flexible manner
• Confident interpersonal skills yet sensitive to other people's needs and reactions with a consultative approach
• Ability to communicate with customers, project teams, and vendors to insure customer satisfaction
• Minimum 3 Microsoft or Desktop related Certifications (Requirement upon application)