Innovative Solutions. World Class Support.
Headquartered in Somerset, NJ, SHI International Corp. has transformed itself from a $1 million “software-only” regional reseller into a $8.5 billion+ global provider of technology products and services. Privately-held and under the guidance of its current ownership since 1989, SHI has experienced tremendous growth in size and scope. Its organic growth and over two decades of stability are a direct result of backing a highly-skilled, tenured sales force with software volume licensing experts, hardware procurement specialists and certified IT services professionals.
SHI offers custom IT solutions for every aspect of your environment from software and hardware procurement to deployment planning, configuration, data center optimization, mobility and IT asset management.
SHI supports their clients from over 30 offices throughout the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Germany, France and Hong Kong. SHI’s goal is to foster long-term, mutually-beneficial relationships with its customers and partners, every day.
What SHI Can Offer:
SHI has a dynamic career opportunity in our Outside Sales-Public Sector department. SHI’s Public Sector Division manages over $1B in Revenue annually and supports SHI’s Government, Education and Healthcare customers.
This territory supports State and Local Government, Education, and Public Sector Healthcare accounts within the State of Hawaii. SHI currently holds State Contracts in this territory and has an existing customer base. The territory would require management of the customers’ current agreements, new customer acquisition, and an opportunity to grow and expand the products and solutions sold within our current customer base as well as build new customer and vendor relationships with SHI.
Support and Grow customer base in assigned territory
· Provide consultation to customers regarding their IT solutions needs.
· Market and leverage our vendor/distribution channel partnerships to ensure best value, pricing and support for customers.
· Proactively work with and contact customers and prospects to build SHI’s market share in all accounts within designated territory.
· Work with internal departments to ensure customer transactions are processed accurately and efficiently.
· Make telephone and field calls to present SHI’s value proposition to existing and potential clients.
· Set appointments and onsite visits to customers on a weekly basis.
· Build customer loyalty.
· Achieve sales goals for revenue and GM.
· Keep updated on product and industry knowledge.
· Understanding of and ability to effectively communicate and develop demand for SHI services within the remote environment.
· Attend product training as required.
Minimum 2 years successful sales experience (IT products and/or services preferred)
· Experience with Public Sector Sales
· Ability to work both individually and in a team environment
· Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
· Strong organizational and planning skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Proficiency in MS Office tools - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Knowledge of / familiarity with territory and Public Sector customers
Equal Employment Opportunity – M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status